Any individual with a cat or cats to spay or neuter qualifies for SNAP. However, our target audience is:
Geographic areas covered in SNAP:
- Caretakers of feral colonies wishing to trap, neuter, release and continue caring for the colony.
- Members of the community who have rescued or are feeding feral or stray neighborhood cats.
- Anyone who requires assistance with spay/neuter surgery.
What SNAP will cover:
Assistance with transportation, equipment, etc.:
- Spay or neuter surgery
- One (1) FVRCP vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
- Other neccessary medical care at descretion of ASN. Any extensive care/costs must be discussed with a FieldHaven staff member before costs are incurred.
- Transportation assistance can be provided by FieldHaven staff and volunteers by prior arrangement. Recipients will schedule spay/neuter with FieldHaven, drop the animal(s) at FieldHaven the morning of surgery and pickup that evening.
- Traps and cages can be loaned to individuals working with feral cats. There is a refundable deposit ($75-$125) required for use of all equipment.
- Advice and assistance with instruction in the use of traps, TNR, recovery, etc. can be provided. Volunteer time to provide physical assistance is very limited but will be provided as available.
Education is also a key goal of the SNAP. FieldHaven volunteers provide education on responsible pet stewardship to local youth groups, civic organizations and schools.
“The cat overpopulation problem in Placer County is daunting but we are committed to providing the expertise and equipment to Lincoln residents to fix the cats in their neighborhoods”. Jann Flanagan, Co-Founder of FieldHaven.
We're here to help with all your feline spay and neuter needs.
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
Each year our goal is to spay/neuter 500 – 800 community and owned cats at low or no cost. This does not include the cats that enter the adoption program in our shelter. Funding for this beneficial service comes from philanthropic grants and you, our donors and support system.
To help us fund this critical service, please choose a support level below and thank you!
$10 will fund a distemper vaccine.
$25 will spay one female kitten.
$35 will spay one female adult cat.
A donation to our SNAP program in any amount is much needed and appreciated.
Thank you to the Glide Foundation for helping
to fund our Spay/Neuter Assistance Program!